![]() |
| Fingerless Gloves...yes, I am posting these to "show off" a bit.. . . .But hey, you can make these too with a WEE bit of practice. |
Ok, first some news bits...
On the blog....new pictures of the sisters coming! So stay tuned!
This month our activity is the Stake Women's Conference--Women in White at the temple on Friday and You Are My Hands on Saturday morning.
Next month, we will be learning to knit in a class taught by Yours Truly! We will make dish cloths. Dish cloths make the ideal beginner project, because they can be as easy or intricate as you want, and no matter what your project looks like (if it is uneven and has holes where you dropped a stitch!) it doesn't matter! No one looks that closely at a dish cloth!
If you already know how to knit...we still need you. One teacher is really not enough for a large class, so I can use all the "teaching assistants" I can get. And if you need help with your knitting, let me know, I can probably help you.
If you don't knit and don't want to knit...ever...still come you can laugh at the rest of the class as they struggle with ten thumbs!
Ok, so I know you want to know....what could be better than Pinterest?!
Drum roll....Ravelry! It's a knitting and crocheting website. http://www.ravelry.com
It is so fun. There are tons of patterns, both free and paid, for anything you can imagine. I mean anything you can think of. You can post your pictures of your projects, or join groups and talk about knitting/crocheting. You can read "reviews" about patterns and yarns. It is way too fun!
Ok...minor confession...my daughter, Vienna, who is also a knitter says Ravelry is really cool, but not better than Pinterest. But hey, I got your attention didn't I?

You made those gloves?! AMAZING! (I'm a crocheter, but not a knitter. But I'm looking forward to giving it a go!)
ReplyDeleteI'm also a crocheter, but have been really wanting to learn knitting! Can't wait!
ReplyDeletei just saw this post (i'm behind) i can't believe you made those gloves! those are incredible!!!
ReplyDelete